Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Memento: Voodoo Grandma

Voodoo Grandma

My original idea for a memento was to create a voodoo doll, but as the concept continued to grow I was inspired by the lasting memory of sewing with my grandmother. She was constantly taking my measurements to make me new clothes and costumes. Being that I was the only granddaughter, this happened often. I was limited to three materials: stuffing, fabric (from my shirt), and evil eye beads (from Grandma's collection). 
  • The stuffing represents the softness of my grandmother's embrace
  • The shirt represents my body and measurements 
  • The evil eye beads represent protection against evils. This projects negative energy away from the head.

Final (1) Voodoo Grandma

Final (2) Voodoo Grandma

Inspiration: Measurements

In process (1) Plain Jane

No comments:

Post a Comment